Sunday, January 26, 2014

Things animal guardians do

2013-11-15 00.03.49This evening I noticed that every time I close a door, I first pause, open it a little further, and then close it properly.  Is this the beginning of OCD? Nope – there is a tail involved.  And that is not a typo.

Think about it, if you have an animal in the house, you need to take care of it. That means not closing a door on Fluffy or Fido’s tail, or otherwise injuring them inadvertently.   So I got to thinking, how many things do I do more or less unconsciously and at least automatically for the benefit of the Baskerville Beasties?

Here goes:

  1. Pause before closing door
  2. Stand back when opening doors to allow the posse through (so I don’t trip)
  3. Never leave an upstairs window open if I’m not in the room
  4. Take small steps to avoid stepping on tails or paws
  5. Purchase stuff specifically for them to pooh in so I can throw it away
  6. Separate onions, raisins and other animal toxic stuff from food waste in case they manage to get at the bin (they are all master criminals – there is an ongoing power struggle in relation to bin access and they can all see the difference between 5 and 1)
  7. Tuck my legs under the chair so they have access to under the table
  8. Sit on one corner of the sofa so there is room for them
  9. Always point aerosol sprays away from them
  10. Since the cats arrived, always close the lid on the loo
  11. I play Angry Birds on my tablet so the cats can chase them

Does anybody else do stuff like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment